Booking Terms and Conditions
All photo tour fees are payable in United States Dollars USD $ unless otherwise stated.
Deposits and final tour payments can be made via international bank transfer, OR PayPal**
Payments through PayPal carry an additional 4% handling fee
Please note that ALL bank charges are for your account.
Final payments for all photo safaris are due 90 days (3 months) before departure. If we do not receive final payment at this time we reserve the right to regard your booking as cancelled. Our cancellation policy will then apply.
We must receive a formal written notification of your cancellation.
Deposits are non-refundable.
If for any reason a participant ends a tour early or does not make use of a service that has been included in the price of any scheduled tour, tailor-made tour or tour extension, no refund for this unused portion or service will be made.
Tour fees are not transferable.
All Photo Safaris:
The per person non-refundable deposit amount stated on our website is required to secure a place on one of our photo safaris. Full payment of the outstanding tour fee is due 90 days prior to the departure date. In the case of a cancellation, we must receive written notification of your cancellation, at which time the following fees will apply:
- Deposit is non-refundable
- 89 to 60 days before departure: 75% of tour fee
- 59 or fewer days before departure: 100% of the tour fee.
- We highly recommend that you take out travel insurance (including trip cancellation insurance) at the time of booking your tour with us to cover any eventualities relating to having to cancel your safari.
- If due to circumstances out of our control, we are not able to run the photo safari, we are entitled to cancel the trip, in which case our cancellation policy above will apply.
However, we will do our best to look into modifying or postponing the itinerary, which may also mean having to modify the price. Please note that in this case, your deposit would still be non-refundable. Your deposit would, however, be held as a CREDIT towards a future trip, as long as that trip is completed within a 1 year period from the day your trip was cancelled.
Internal Flight Modification Fees
All internal flights on our South African tours are booked and paid for in full by us when you join a WILD4 Photo Safari. If for any reason you need to make changes to the initial flight dates then you will be liable for all modification fees plus a US$ 50 admin fee.
It is a requirement for all participants to have their own travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, medical care as well as personal and photographic equipment. Wild4 Photo Pty Ltd. will not be held responsible in any way for a clients monetary loss due to medical expenses, trip cancellation, damage to, loss or theft of, photographic equipment or personal belongings. Our medical insurance will only cover you for evacuation from the field to the closest most appropriate local medical facility, at which point your medical insurance is required to take over. It is up to you to make sure that the travel insurance you take out will cover you in the event of any serious medical issue, trip cancellation and loss of any personal items, including your camera equipment. Wild4 Photo Pty Ltd. is entitled to abide by our cancellation policy but will be more than happy to provide documentation to assist with any claims you take up with your insurance company in the event of any medical or trip cancellation expenses or loss of any personal items. You are required to send us a copy of your valid travel insurance document at the time of your final payment.
Health & Fitness
None of the tours we offer requires a high level of fitness from the participants unless otherwise stated in each safari description. However, it is recommended that participants are in good health. If you are concerned at all with your own personal health then please contact us with more details before you sign up for any of our photo safaris.
By paying your deposit and signing this Photo Safari Booking & Waiver & Indemnity Form, you confirm that you are of reasonable fitness and good health and will not in any way, knowingly create a risk to yourself or other tour members. If we deem that you did not fully disclose your medical situation to us prior to the start of the safari, and it ends up affecting the tour or other members on the safari, we will have the right to make alternative arrangements for you to continue your safari on a private basis. Any additional expenses will be for your account.
Medical conditions brought to our attention after you have confirmed your place on a tour will not be considered as exceptions to our cancellation policy.
Other than emergency evacuation from the field to the closest most appropriate local medical facility, Wild4 Photo Pty Ltd. will not assume any responsibility for payment of any medical expenses incurred by participants on any tour.
If you are a single traveller and do not mind sharing a room with another single traveller, we will do our best to accommodate you. However if no other suitable single traveller is available, you will be liable to pay the full single supplement price.
Waiver & Indemnity
Wild4 Photographic Safaris reserves the right to:
- Substitute accommodation of a similar standard to that advertised.
- Change the itinerary or mode of transport as a result of changes to airline schedules or accommodation availability.
- Cancel or curtail any tour.
- Substitute your tour leader/guide/host as a result of illness or personal matters. This cannot be held as grounds for participant cancellation or refund.
- Cancel the participation of any tour member based on unacceptable or disruptive conduct.
- In order to join the tour, each participant must submit a signed, un-edited Photo Safari Booking Form. Failure to do so will result in non-participation with no refund.
DETAILS BELOW ARE TAKEN FROM OUR WILD4 BOOKING FORM WHICH YOU MUST AGREE TO IN ORDER TO JOIN ANY OF OUR PHOTO SAFARIS
In consideration of Wild4 Photo Pty Ltd. providing me with a photographic safari to Africa, the undersigned (“I” or “me”, as the case may be) acknowledge, agree and undertake as follows:
1. I shall not hold Wild4 Photo Pty Ltd. and/or its affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, staff, employees, agents or contractors responsible or liable in any way for any loss, damage, injury, or loss of life, cost or expense directly or indirectly, or any indirect consequential, special, incidental or punitive loss or damage, arising out of or in connection with performance and/or non-availability of the Programme, regardless of whether Wild4 Photo Pty Ltd. had been advised or had known of, or Wild4 Photo Pty Ltd. and/or I had within each of our contemplation (whether actual, subjective, objective, reasonable or otherwise), the possibility of such loss, damage, injury, cost or expense. Without limitation to the foregoing, I agree that I shall not hold Wild4 Photo Pty Ltd. responsible or liable in any way for:
1.1. any delays which may arise during the course of the Programme due to any circumstances whatsoever;
1.2. any change in the proposed itinerary (including but not limited to any travel or accommodation arrangements) of the Programme arising from any circumstances whatsoever;
1.3. the occurrence of any conditions or illnesses which may necessitate medical attention during the course of the Programme; and/or any loss, damage, injury, loss of life, cost or expense which may arise as a result of the social, civil and/or political situation in the country in which the Programme is conducted.
1.4. any loss or damage to camera equipment or personal items.
2. I further represent and warrant that I shall indemnify and hold Wild4 Photo Pty Ltd., its affiliates, subsidiaries, shareholders, officers, employees, agents or contractors harmless from any loss including but not limited to loss, damage, costs, actions, claims, liabilities, proceedings, demands, risks, charges and/or expenses of whatsoever nature or howsoever arising, inclusive of delays, cost of cover, loss of data, loss of opportunities and inconveniences, special, incidental, punitive, exemplary or consequential damages (whether in tort, contract or otherwise) whether direct, indirect, joint, several, actual, contingent or otherwise (including legal fees on a full indemnity basis) and includes but is not limited to claims made by third parties and claims for defamation, infringement of any intellectual property rights, death, bodily injury, property damage or pecuniary losses howsoever arising.
3. I undertake to procure and maintain adequate and comprehensive travel insurance for the entire duration of the Programme prior to the commencement of the Programme.
4. I understand that this Letter of Indemnity may from time to time be modified or amended by Wild4 Photo Pty Ltd., at any time up to and including the date of the Programme, and my liability under this Letter shall continue as so modified or amended.
5. The rights, powers, privileges and remedies provided in this Letter of Indemnity are cumulative and not exclusive of any rights, powers, privileges or remedies provided by law.
6. I acknowledge that this letter shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Australian Law, and all disputes arising from or relating to this letter shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Australian Courts.
7. I certify and acknowledge that I have carefully read all of the provisions of this Letter of Indemnity and I understand and shall fully and faithfully comply with such provisions.
PLEASE NOTE: Your completed booking form will also serve as a model release for all photographs taken by any member of Wild4 Photo Pty Ltd, of safari members that may be used by Wild4 Photo Pty Ltd. for future marketing purposes.
I was fortunate to be on Wild4's "Best of Botswana" trip in May 2014. It could well be the Best of Africa. This trip featured two expert guides (Stu Porter himself and Nkosi from Letaka Safaris) and the abundant wildlife of four different Botswanan hot spots, with relatively few other vehicles around. Those features alone are worth the price of admission, particularly since they include Stu's vehicle modifications that ensure the best possible photographic experience. But if that isn't enough, we spent the first ten nights in expedition style mobile camps, roughing it with bucket showers and drop toilets, and listening to the leopards, elephants and hyenas wandering in and around the camps at night. But don't worry about the "roughing it" part. The expert staff prepares perfect meals, including fresh baked breads and cakes, and ensures that the camp is safe and clean. We finished the 12-night trip in a luxury lodge on the Chobe River, where we photographed from a boat customised to accommodate serious photographers (i.e. people with lenses bigger than their legs) and a waterway full of hippos and elephants and lined with Africa's most iconic birds. If you can only go once to Africa, go to Botswana with Wild4 Photographic Safaris. They will take care of every detail of your safari to ensure that everything is just right. If you are an old Africa veteran, ditto. You just can't go wrong with Wild4.
George Cathcart, USA
This was my third photographic trip to Africa, and I have to say the best! Stu has great knowledge & passion for wildlife and photography that he is willing to share: I certainly learnt a lot. The setup for photography in the vehicles is extremely well thought out. There was an amazing variety of great photographic opportunities and I really enjoyed time spent with the animals, but the unexpected bonus for me was the day spent at the reptile centre (part of the extension). I am very pleased with the results! After coming away with the renewed enthusiasm for photography, I am planning to do another trip with them soon."
Helen Clarke, AUSTRALIA