All tour fees are payable in United States Dollars USD $ unless otherwise stated.
Deposits and final tour payments can be made via international bank transfer, OR PayPal**
Payments through PayPal carry an additional 4% handling fee
Please note that ALL bank charges are for your account.
Final payments for all tours are due 90 days before departure. If we do not receive final payment at this time we reserve the right to regard your booking as cancelled. Our cancellation policy will then apply.
Cancellation Fees & Refund Policy
We must receive a formal written notification of your cancellation.
Deposits are non-refundable.
If for any reason a participant ends a tour early or does not make use of a service that has been included in the price of any scheduled tour, tailor made tour or tour extension, no refund for this unused portion or service will be made.
Tour fees are not transferable.
All Photo Safaris:
The per person deposit amount stated on our website is required to secure a place on one of our safaris. Full payment of the outstanding tour fee is due 90 days prior to the departure date. In the case of a cancellation, we must receive written notification of your cancellation, at which time the following fees will apply:
- Deposit is non-refundable
- 89 to 60 days before departure: 75% of tour fee
- 59 or fewer days before departure: 100% of tour fee.
- We highly recommend that you take out travel insurance at the time of booking your tour with us to cover any eventualities relating to having to cancel your safari.
If due to circumstances out of our control, we are not able to run the photo safari, we are entitled to either cancel the trip, in which case clients will be entitled to a full re-fund. Or, with the clients permission and consent, we might modify the itinerary, which could also mean modifications to the price.
Internal Flight Modification Fees
All internal flights within South Africa are booked and paid for in full by us when you book on a WILD4 Photo Safari. If for any reason you need to make changes to the initial flight dates then you will be liable for all modification fees plus a ZAR 250 (South African Rand) admin fee.
It is highly recommended for all participants to have their own travel insurance to cover medical, personal and photographic equipment. WILD4 will not be held responsible in any way for the loss of or damage to any photographic equipment or personal belongings, nor for any medical expenses. Our medical insurance will only cover you for evacuation from the field to the closest most appropriate medical facility, at which point your medical insurance would take over. You are required to send us a copy of your valid travel insurance document along with your final payment.
Health & Fitness
None of the tours WILD4 Photo Safaris offers, requires a high level of fitness from the participants unless otherwise stated in each safari description. However, it is recommended that participants are in good health. If you are concerned at all with your own personal health then please contact us with more details before you sign up for any of our photo safaris.
By paying your deposit and signing this Photo Safari Booking & Waiver & Indemnity Form, you confirm that you are of reasonable fitness and good health and will not in any way, knowingly create a risk to yourself or other tour members. If we deem that you did not fully disclose your medical situation to us prior to the start of the safari, and it ends up affecting the tour or other members on the safari, we will have the right to make alternative arrangements for you to continue your safari on a private basis. Any additional expenses will be for your account.
Medical conditions brought to our attention after you have confirmed your place on a tour will not be considered as exceptions to our cancellation policy.
WILD4 will not assume any responsibility for payment of any medical expenses incurred by participants on any tour.
If you are a single traveller and do not mind sharing a room with another single traveller, we will do our best to accommodate you. However if no other suitable single traveller is available, you will be liable to pay the full single supplement price.
Waiver & Indemnity
Wild4 Photographic Safaris reserves the right to:
- substitute accommodation of a similar standard to that advertised.
- change the itinerary or mode of transport as a result of changes to airline schedules or accommodation availability.
- cancel or curtail any tour. A full or pro rata refund of only received payments will be given.
- substitute your tour leader / guide as a result of illness or personal matters. This cannot be held as grounds for participant cancellation or refund.
- cancel the participation of any tour member based on unacceptable or disruptive conduct.
- In order to join the tour, each participant must submit a signed, un-edited WILD4 Photo Safari Booking Form. Failure to do so will result in non participation with no refund.
DETAILS BELOW ARE TAKEN FROM OUR WILD4 BOOKING FORM WHICH YOU MUST AGREE TO IN ORDER TO JOIN ANY OF OUR PHOTO SAFARIS
In consideration of Wild4 Photography cc providing me with a photographic safari to Africa, the undersigned (“I” or “me”, as the case may be) acknowledge, agree and undertake as follows:
1. I shall not hold Wild4 Photography cc and/or its affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, staff, employees, agents or contractors responsible or liable in any way for any loss, damage, injury, or loss of life, cost or expense directly or indirectly, or any indirect consequential, special, incidental or punitive loss or damage, arising out of or in connection with performance and/or non-availability of the Programme, regardless of whether Wild4 Photography cc had been advised or had known of, or Wild4 Photography cc and/or I had within each of our contemplation (whether actual, subjective, objective, reasonable or otherwise), the possibility of such loss, damage, injury, cost or expense. Without limitation to the foregoing, I agree that I shall not hold Wild4 Photography cc responsible or liable in any way for:
1.1. any delays which may arise during the course of the Programme due to any circumstances whatsoever;
1.2. any change in the proposed itinerary (including but not limited to any travel or accommodation arrangements) of the Programme arising from any circumstances whatsoever;
1.3. the occurrence of any conditions or illnesses which may necessitate medical attention during the course of the Programme; and/or
any loss, damage, injury, loss of life, cost or expense which may arise as a result of the social, civil and/or political situation in the country in which the Programme is conducted.
1.4. any loss or damage to camera equipment or personal items.
2. I further represent and warrant that I shall indemnify and hold Wild4 Photography cc , its affiliates, subsidiaries, shareholders, officers, employees, agents or contractors harmless from any loss including but not limited to loss, damage, costs, actions, claims, liabilities, proceedings, demands, risks, charges and/or expenses of whatsoever nature or howsoever arising, inclusive of delays, cost of cover, loss of data, loss of opportunities and inconveniences, special, incidental, punitive, exemplary or consequential damages (whether in tort, contact or otherwise) whether direct, indirect, joint, several, actual, contingent or otherwise (including legal fees on a full indemnity basis) and includes but is not limited to claims made by third parties and claims for defamation, infringement of any intellectual property rights, death, bodily injury, property damage or pecuniary losses howsoever arising.
3. I undertake to procure and maintain adequate and comprehensive travel insurance for the entire duration of the Programme prior to the commencement of the Programme.
4. I understand that this Letter of Indemnity may from time to time be modified or amended by Wild4 Photography cc, at any time up to and including the date of the Programme, and my liability under this Letter shall continue as so modified or amended.
5. The rights, powers, privileges and remedies provided in this Letter of Indemnity are cumulative and not exclusive of any rights, powers, privileges or remedies provided by law.
6. I acknowledge that this letter shall be governed by and construed in accordance with South African Law, and all disputes arising from or relating to this letter shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the South African Courts.
7. I certify and acknowledge that I have carefully read all of the provisions of this Letter of Indemnity and I understand and shall fully and faithfully comply with such provisions.
PLEASE NOTE: Your completed booking form will also serve as a model release for all photographs taken by WILD4, of safari members that may be used by WILD4 for future marketing purposes.
Any aspiring photographer who has not yet been on a wildlife safari should join a WILD4 with Stu and Justyna Porter. You will be guided by a graduate professional photographer who is also a highly-qualified South African field guide. Stu's knowledge of photography and his understanding of African wildlife are exceptional. He is also blessed with an amazing spotter's eyesight. I often thought to myself, how on earth did he see that! As each day begins all these talents are passed on with sincerity and quiet enthusiasm to each photographer's needs. Nothing is ever too much trouble and his positioning of the vehicle for the best light and animal profile is always his first consideration. On our tour there were times for laughter and many times when action and adrenalin ran high. Any successful safari is only as good as its backup team. This family company is most ably supported by Stu's wife Justyna who is the drive behind the scenes and efficiently arranges the accommodation and all the logistics. Stu's mother, Ann Porter provides excellent food for the day in the park and around the campfire at night. Both are qualified field guides and their spotting abilities add greatly to each day's safari. This particular trip was most rewarding in both personal and photographic terms and one of the best we have ever enjoyed. Sincere thanks to you all.
Slim & Barbara Callaghan, UK
We recently travelled to South Africa for a safari led by Wild 4 African Photographic Safaris. To put things simply, we were completely blown away. I had been on safari before, and had expectations that I thought were reasonable, but Wild 4 completely exceeded those expectations in so many ways. First of all, Justyna handled all of our travel and trip details with exceptional professionalism and always responded to even our most basic questions quickly and in a very detailed manner. Once we had arrived in South Africa, we were met by our guide Stu Porter, who I cannot say enough good things about. He is so organised and cordial. Stu was spotting things that we couldn’t believe that he was spotting, which almost always led to an amazing wildlife experience that we never saw coming. His knowledge and understanding of the wildlife and ecosystem was outstanding, and he went to great lengths to insure that we had the best chance of capturing a great photo, without compromising the rules of the park or the integrity of the animals and ecology within it. His understanding and respect for the wildlife and surroundings made the trip so much more than just a “drive around and look at whatever we see” kind of experience. I know that you can never predict what kind of experience you will have when you go out into the wild, and often it’s up to nature to decide what events you will be a part of, but in all honesty, I can’t imagine a better guide than Stu Porter. We will be doing our future trips to Africa with Wild 4, and cannot recommend them highly enough. Thank you so much for what a lot of people call “the trip of a lifetime”, although we feel that this is only the beginning of many trips of a lifetime. Thank you, Wild 4!!
James Smith, USA