WILD4 African Photographic Safaris is a small family owned and operated business specializing in small group authentic photo safaris to Africa's most iconic locations.
We are based in South Africa, 45 mins from the Kruger National Park where we first began organising photographic specific safaris in 2004.
For our Kruger based safaris we use our own safari vehicles. For our transport needs at all other locations we make use of reputable safari companies with whom we have built up a strong working relationship over a number of years. Your safety is our number one concern and we only make use of quality operators who have real experience in the safari industry.
My wife, Justyna, was born and bred in Poland and is a handy photographer herself as well as a qualified tourist guide. Justyna worked on first class cruise liners, the world famous Harrods in London and as a top seller for the UK's largest travel consolidator. Customer service is just one of her many strong points.
Justyna looks after the office and all the important administration of our business. We have two daughters, Molly and Jenny and my parents, John & Ann offer us tremendous support and help out with background logistics and catering whilst in the Kruger National Park.
We are a small family business with a sincere and genuine passion for our company and our clients.
Through our experiences, we have built a strong product that offers our clients the best opportunities to photograph African wildlife.
We feel strongly that the following principles and photographic details are crucial to the success of a photo safari:
- Quick response to clients' enquiries and personal attention to each client's travel needs
- Specialisation in small groups of only 3 to 6 photographers per tour
- Never more than 3 photographers per safari vehicle
- Careful planning of logistics to ensure maximum time in the field
- Use of locations that, through experience and over time, have consistently offered excellent photo opportunities
- All scheduled tours are personally led by myself
- Specially designed photographic platforms on the safari vehicles we use at all locations
- 24/7 tuition available, tailored to the individual needs of the client. In the field workshops and WILD4 "seven top tips" tuition booklet provided
- Regular use of the same local driver / guides, who are familiar with the needs of photographers through our training manual and who operate to our specific guidelines
- An ethical approach to wildlife photography and genuine respect for the animals we photograph and the environment they live in
Sticking to the above principles and details has been the number one reason why we have a high percentage of repeat clients and clients who approach us via word of mouth.
This was the second trip I have booked through Wild4 and one of the most memorable and pleasurable trips I have ever been on in my life. We were blessed with incredible sightings from a frenzy of feeding wild dog to mating black mambas. The list is endless and the memories will linger for ever in the form of some great images shot from the customised vehicles driven by expert drivers. The camps chosen were great and there was a real and genuine feeling of being a part of your surroundings. A truly African experience. Botswana certainly came up trumps when delivering us such great sightings. From the bush to the Chobe river and the specially adapted photographic boats, you could not have asked for more. I must extend an enormous thank you to you Stu, for your endless patience and professionalism in everything you did for us. Thank you. Also a big thank you to Justyna who’s meticulous planning ensured a seamless trip to and in between each of our camps and destinations. Good job!
Stephen Tattersall, UK
If anyone is contemplating a photo trip to Africa, then we would have absolutely no hesitation in recomending Stu Porter and Wild4 Photographic Safaris. It doesn't really matter what your level of skill is you will get as much or as little help and advice as you wish to receive. Nothing is thrust down your throat and Stu doesn't spend all his time taking his own photographs as some do. Stu has taken a huge amount of time and trouble in customising and setting up his safari vehicle and the effort he's put in makes the whole experience so much more enjoyable. Tethered bean bags are provided and secure plate mounts on the side of the vehicle will also take your tripod head ensuring a rock steady platform and Stu most certainly knows where the animals are. Particularly enjoyable was the time we spent at the Big Cat Reserve (part of the 4 night extension) which is an unbelieveable photographic experience. Many thanks WILD4 !
Rob & Sue Brookes, UK