WILD4 African Photographic Safaris is a small family owned and operated business specializing in small group authentic photo safaris to Africa's most iconic locations.
We are based in South Africa, 45 mins from the Kruger National Park where we first began organising photographic specific safaris in 2004.
For our Kruger based safaris we use our own safari vehicles. For our transport needs at all other locations we make use of reputable safari companies with whom we have built up a strong working relationship over a number of years. Your safety is our number one concern and we only make use of quality operators who have real experience in the safari industry.
My wife, Justyna, was born and bred in Poland and is a handy photographer herself as well as a qualified tourist guide. Justyna worked on first class cruise liners, the world famous Harrods in London and as a top seller for the UK's largest travel consolidator. Customer service is just one of her many strong points.
Justyna looks after the office and all the important administration of our business. We have two daughters, Molly and Jenny and my parents, John & Ann offer us tremendous support and help out with background logistics and catering whilst in the Kruger National Park.
We are a small family business with a sincere and genuine passion for our company and our clients.
Through our experiences, we have built a strong product that offers our clients the best opportunities to photograph African wildlife.
We feel strongly that the following principles and photographic details are crucial to the success of a photo safari:
- Quick response to clients' enquiries and personal attention to each client's travel needs
- Specialisation in small groups of only 3 to 6 photographers per tour
- Never more than 3 photographers per safari vehicle
- Careful planning of logistics to ensure maximum time in the field
- Use of locations that, through experience and over time, have consistently offered excellent photo opportunities
- All scheduled tours are personally led by myself
- Specially designed photographic platforms on the safari vehicles we use at all locations
- 24/7 tuition available, tailored to the individual needs of the client. In the field workshops and WILD4 "seven top tips" tuition booklet provided
- Regular use of the same local driver / guides, who are familiar with the needs of photographers through our training manual and who operate to our specific guidelines
- An ethical approach to wildlife photography and genuine respect for the animals we photograph and the environment they live in
Sticking to the above principles and details has been the number one reason why we have a high percentage of repeat clients and clients who approach us via word of mouth.
Wild4 Photo Safari gave me much more than an average safari tour. The experiences, friends, and information gathered from my trip will stay with me forever. My anticipations were greatly exceeded to things I could never have dreamed up. I Love Wild!!
Colleen Sullivan, USA
Thank you again Stu for your trip report of our Botswana trip. It has been very useful to me as I go through my photographs and try to identify the birds especially. It has also given me ideas on how to treat some of my photographs of similar subjects, Also a big thank you in general for the technique guidance you have give me this year and for your fantastic decisions about anticipating animal behavior. My resulting photographs are largely due to your help and to travelling with you. You have had a significant impact on the quality of my photographs and I am very appreciative. Looking forward to hearing about your Tsavo trip. Regards
Sharon Thorp, Canada