WILD4 African Photographic Safaris is a small family owned and operated business specializing in small group photo safaris to Africa's most iconic locations.
We are based in South Africa, 45 mins from the Kruger National Park where we first began organising photographic specific safaris in 2002.
For our Kruger based safaris, we use our own safari vehicles. For our transport needs at all other locations, we make use of reputable safari companies with whom we have built up a strong working relationship over a number of years. Your safety is our number one concern and we only make use of quality operators who have real experience in the safari industry.
My wife, Justyna, was born and bred in Poland and is a handy photographer herself as well as a qualified tourist guide. Justyna worked on first-class cruise liners, the world famous Harrods in London and as a top seller for the UK's largest travel consolidator. Customer service is just one of her many strong points.
Justyna looks after the office and all the important administration of our business. We have two daughters, Molly and Jenny and my parents, John & Ann offer us tremendous support and help out with background logistics and catering whilst in the Kruger National Park.
We are a small family business with a sincere and genuine passion for our company and our clients.
Through our experiences, we have built a strong product that offers our clients the best opportunities to photograph African wildlife.
We feel strongly that the following principles and photographic details are crucial to the success of a photo safari:
- Quick response to clients' enquiries and personal attention to each client's travel needs
- Specialisation in small groups of only 3 to 6 photographers per tour
- Never more than 3 photographers per safari vehicle
- Careful planning of logistics to ensure maximum time in the field
- Use of locations that, through experience and over time, have consistently offered excellent photo opportunities
- Specially designed photographic platforms on the safari vehicles we use at all locations
- 24/7 tuition available, tailored to the individual needs of the client. In the field workshops and WILD4 “seven top tips” tuition booklet provided
- Regular use of the same local driver/guides, who are familiar with the needs of photographers through our training manual and who operate to our specific guidelines
- An ethical approach to wildlife photography and genuine respect for the animals we photograph and the environment they live in
Sticking to the above principles and details has been the number one reason why we have a high percentage of repeat clients and clients who approach us via word of mouth.
Many thanks for a fantastically organised photo safari. The attention to detail, not to mention your patience & enthusiasm (and humour) has made the trip superb. We're delighted we chose Wild4. Kind regards.
Dom & Jules, UK
I have enjoyed photographic safaris in Kenya, Tanzania, and South Africa but I cannot express how GREAT the “BEST of BOTSWANA” trip was. The different areas on the delta all had amazing animals and diversity of climate from Moremi to the river environment of Khwai and then to the sand and dryness of Savuti. But the the time spent on the Chobe River was the best experience I have ever spent in Africa. Stu, Justyna you are the best! Thanks also to Letaka, Pangolin and our great guides. I would highly recommend this safari to everyone. It’s a buffet of Africa you will never forget.
Denny Donohue, USA