About Wild4 African Photo Safaris
WILD4 African Photographic Safaris is a family-owned and operated business specializing in small group photo safaris to Africa's most iconic locations.
For 17 years we were based in South Africa, in a town called Nelspruit, just 45 mins from the Kruger National Park.
In 2020, we emigrated to the beautiful Australian island state of Tasmania where we are currently based.
For our transport needs at all locations, we make use of reputable safari companies with whom we have built up a strong working relationship over a number of years. Your safety is our number one concern and we only make use of quality operators who have real experience in the safari industry.
My wife, Justyna, was born and bred in Poland and is a handy photographer herself as well as a qualified tourist guide. Justyna worked on first-class cruise liners, the world-famous Harrods in London and as a top seller for the UK's largest travel consolidator. Customer service is just one of her many strong points.
Justyna looks after the office and all the important administration of our business. We have two daughters, Molly and Jenny.
My parents, John & Ann were instrumental in helping us set up our business and we will for ever be grateful to them for their loving support and assistance over many years.
We are a family business with a sincere and genuine passion for our company and our clients.
Through our experiences, we have built a strong product that offers our clients the best opportunities to photograph African wildlife.
We feel strongly that the following principles and photographic details are crucial to the success of a photo safari:
- Quick response to clients' enquiries and personal attention to each client's travel needs
- Specialisation in small groups of only 3 to 6 photographers per tour
- Only 3 photographers per safari vehicle in South Africa and Botswana
- Only 2 photographers per safari vehicle in Kenya and Tanzania
- Careful planning of logistics to ensure maximum time in the field
- Use of locations that, through experience and over time, have consistently offered excellent photo opportunities
- Specially designed photographic PLAT4ORMS on the safari vehicles we use at all locations
- Photo tuition and guidance available on all Photo Safaris led and hosted by Stu Porter
- Regular use of the same local driver/guides, who are familiar with the needs of photographers through our training manual and who operate to our specific guidelines
- An ethical approach to wildlife photography and genuine respect for the animals we photograph and the environment they live in
Sticking to the above principles and details has been the number one reason why we have a high percentage of repeat clients and clients who approach us via word of mouth.
I wanted to thank you so much for the best safari I have ever been on and for your tremendous help both with the photography and Lightroom. I understand more about both in relation to wildlife than I ever have. Everything was brilliant. We were extraordinary lucky with what we saw but being able to take better photo’s and then edit them with more knowledge means I will have memories that will last for ever. Your (Wild4) attention to detail means that things run smoothly in a part of the world not always known for that. I really can’t thank you and Justyna enough for that.
Rita Daubeney, UK
I am a Molecular Biologist by profession and a serious amateur nature photographer and have been on a number of organized trips over the last 10 years with the dual aims of enjoying nature and getting the best images possible. The organization of a two week trip with Wild 4 Photographic Safaris through Kruger National Park I shared with two other photographers and it was as good as I have ever experienced. The Porter family was friendly, knowledgeable and intuitively supportive. Stu really knows his subjects and spared no effort in getting the photographers into the best situation. He has a very pleasant, calm personality and is an accomplished nature photographer and naturalist which means he knows where the light or action is best and often what is about to happen. His vehicle is also well set-up for discriminating photographers. Justyna was just brilliant in getting things organized in the background. Having our own scout vehicle to report activity in the area while we pursued other subjects, worked well, and on a number of occasions provided photo opportunities we would have missed otherwise. In summary; rating out of 10…….no doubt a 10.
Graeme Guy, NEW ZEALAND